[mythtv-users] OTA/DTV tuner-card related questions, recommendations

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Jan 20 17:48:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Justin wrote:

>> This assumes that your system can't playback a 1080i MPEG2 file without
>> issue.  I'd try it first.  You can find 1080i clips around online, just do
>> a search.

The 1080i clip I found at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DE7GITB4 does play,
i.e., get scaled--though not very tolerably. The picture looks pretty
good, but the video pauses about every 2 seconds before resuming again. I
also see some artifacts during those intervals. So something about my
system is not happy with playing this sort of content.

Is it lack of CPU oomph? Video card wimpiness? Both? That may or may not
matter, given the latest contribution to this thread . . .

James