[mythtv-users] No audio with flash-player

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:59:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Since you are running over HDMI, do you send the audio as PCM or
> bitstream something else?  Try running 'iecset' at the command line.
> The Data: line will say either 'audio' or 'non-audio'.
>
> 'audio' means your sound system is sending PCM audio over the cable,
> which is the only thing flash can do to my knowledge.
>
> 'non-audio' is when you are bitstreaming DTS, AC3 or some other encoded
> audio.
>
> If something PCM tries to play at the same time as a bitstreaming
> protocol (or sometimes it just gets stuck), you need to stop whatever
> audio is playing, and manually reset the data line by executing
> 'iecset audio on'  You may have to restart Firefox for this to take
> effect.
>
> Let us know how it works out for you.
>
> - Patrick
>
> Apologies for jumping on this thread however, I had a similar issue.  No
audio with flash but everything else worked fine.  My audio is being sent
out optical spdif to an external amplifier.

im usind M3N78-EM board so I added in options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig
to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf which were lost after upgrade from
mythbuntu 10.04 to 10.10 but that made no difference.

i had non-audio so by doing 'iecset audio on' everything now works fine

will this stay permanently

thanks