[mythtv-users] PS3 keys

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:30:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM, David Durham <david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So how does it decode videos from bluray discs which are obviously
>> 1080p, and why would a linux app not be able to do the same?
>
> [snip]
> If the open source community was going to be able to do anything
> worthwhile with the PS3 hardware, it will be years and years and years
> from now.

So because nothing finished will be delivered tomorrow nobody should
ever try to take the first step?  Way to keep a positive attitude!

All joking aside, of coarse you are correct, the breakthrough of
discovering the keys to sign code is only the first twenty feet in a
journey up mount Everest.  But I wouldn't say it will never pay off.

-Ryan