[mythtv-users] Technotrend C-2300, LOCK but no data on encrypted channels

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 19 17:05:27 UTC 2011

Zitat von Mattias Vik <magion at gmail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> I have a Technotrend C-2300 which have been working great with MythTV
> on Mythbuntu 9.04 for both FTA and encrypted channels.
> About two weeks ago I decided to reinstall my HTPC and install Gentoo
> instead, as that is the distro I usually prefer... but whatever I
> tried, I just
> couldn't get the C-2300 to work with encrypted channels.
> I tried kernel 2.6.32, 2.6.34 and 2.6.36, and I always get a lock on
> the encrypted channels, but there seems like I get no data.
> So I then tried installing Mythbuntu again, but now I can't get it to
> work with that either, it's the same error.
> I have tried every Mythbuntu version from 8.04 to 10.10, and whatever
> I do I just get the same result.
> So then I tried to put in my old Technotrend C-1500 instead, and with
> that I get LOCK and picture/audio, but, for some reason
> that card only get about 55% signal, whereas the C-2300 always get
> atleast 80%... so some channels are unwatchable with the C-1500.

That's common problem of (at least certain) Technotrend cards that
have massive tuning problems.

> Can someone please give me some more advice on what I can try to get
> the C-2300 to get data on encrypted channels again?
> (btw, I've tried every firmware I could find for it, all with the
> same results)
> I'm starting to think that the card somehow is broken... which would
> be odd, as all I did was reinstall, and it works perfectly for FTA channels.
> Mplayer says it gets a TS stream, but on encrypted channels it just
> hangs there, whereas on FTA channels it finds video and audio and then
> plays the stream.
> I've also tried with both CI and softcam, and it says it gets the
> correct key and LOCK, but still no data.
> I'm out of ideas!, all suggestions are welcome.

I completely gave up with TT cards at one point because they are buggy
not well supported. Switched to KNC and never looked back.
Of course this is not an answer to your question, and you at least
seemed to have the 2300 working in the past, so it's indeed strange
that it doesn't work anymore after the re-install.
Did you do any hardware changes at the same time? Are you using
separate CIs for the 1500 and the 2300?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/