[mythtv-users] Occasionally HD program plays without sound: NVP(0): Disabling Audio

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Wed Jan 19 13:48:45 UTC 2011

Sorry, can't see the original post at the moment, so could be wildly off. One
thought though,

sometimes my system records HD, and there is no sound played by myth
This is because the HD program appeared to have been broadcast/flagged with the
sound channels the wrong way around.
i.e., it does play the sound, but it is playing the audio descriptive sound,
which is often pretty blank.

Pressing the - key on the keypad swaps the audio channel selected, and the real
voices come back in
(just a thought, and similar warning messages I think when I originally tried to
diagnose the problem)