[mythtv-users] Static Video storage - what taxonomy?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Jan 19 00:57:28 UTC 2011

Hi-yas,

My video storage taxonomy is overloaded.

I have "New", "Movies", "Kids", "Documentaries" and "TV Series".  A few
subdircetories, but nothing to speak of.

Overlap issues aside, it just doesn't work because I haven't deleted
anything for 3 years.  So now finding anything is impossible, and there's
Too Much Choice.  I ripped my entire DVD library, and when I buy new stuff,
I basically just rip it first, watch it later.  So *everything* is on the
MythBox.

This system sucks, because something like a Travel-Cooking-TV-series can go
in multiple places.

So ... how do *You* sort your static video?

cheers,
-kt

IDEA: What I would really like is to be able to tag movies with whatever I
want - Genres, Years, Actors names, Themes, etc.  That way if you have a
cross-genre movie, it's still easy to sort and find.  And it doesn't matter
which directory it's in.  So something like "I Sell The Dead" (2008) can sit
in both "Comedy", "Horror", "2008", "Undead", "British".  "Barbie and The
Three Musketeers" (2009) can be tagged "Barbie", "Kids", "2009", "OMG I Want
That 90 Minutes Back".

I guess now someone is going to tell me that 0.24 supports this already.