[mythtv-users] Mythtv Internal Volume control not working

Stephen Otto sotto at emsco.com
Tue Jan 18 21:48:06 UTC 2011

> The volume control on my remote is properly mapped and using it results in
> volume bar appearing on the recordings OSD or Mythmusic screen but it has
no
> effect on the actual volume. I am using 23-fixes and have the "Use
Internal
> Volume Controls" checked. Mixer is set to ALSA default.

> My ALSA asound.conf looks like this:

> pcm.!default {
>        type hw
>        card 1
>        device 8
> }

> In General Audio I set the Audio device to ALSA: default. Also I set
> Mythmusic output to "ALSA:hw:0,0"

> Any idea what I am missing?

In doing some googling and searching, I think that the thing I am missing is
a control (ctl) device in the asound.conf. I can give that a try but my
setup currently has two separate outputs.

Card 1 Device 8 is the HDMI output that I use for Mythtv.
Card 0 Device 0 is the analog output that I use for MythMusic (it is
connected to my stereo system in a different room).