[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings with its cutlist to mythvideo using mythvidexport.py

Johnny Stenback mythtv-users at jstenback.com
Tue Jan 18 06:30:38 UTC 2011

On 01/17/2011 10:03 PM, Paul wrote:
> First a little background. I am running mythbuntu 10.10 with the 0.24
> PPA enabled (http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu).
> Running  mythfrontend.real --version results in:
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 26882
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.23.20101017-1
> QT Version       : 4.7.0
>
> I have many recordings I would like to move from recordings to
> mythvideo. Most were recorded using the 1212 and have cutlists defined
> to cut out commercials etc. So I have been trying out
> mythvidexport.py, using the --seektable and  --cutlist options,
> recently to accomplish this. I am to the point where the script
> executes and completes successfully, however the markup data is not
> copied over to the filemarkup table. When I enable the all verbose
> option, i can see the sql runs to pull the recordedmarkup and
> recordedseek data, and query for existing filemarkup data. But, there
> are no insert statements to associate that data with the new recording
> now in mythvideo. There is a long pause at the end, as if it is doing
> something, though i am not sure what.
>
> An example command I am running is:
> ./mythvidexport.py --seekdata --cutlist --chanid 2687 --starttime
> 20080830120000 -v all

I ran into the same issue a couple of weeks ago (though with 0.24-fixes)
and I came up with the attached hack to work around this issue. The
problem I was seeing was that the seektable and cutlist etc *was* copied
into the filemarkup table, but the filename was lost, all the entries
that got inserted into the filemarkup table had an empty string as the
filename.

I discussed this briefly with Raymond Wagner on irc at the time and he
said he'd look into it, but I've had no time since to follow up.
Anyways, I wanted to post my hack so others can see if it fixes the
problem for them too. If it does, maybe someone has ideas on a proper
fix for this issue that could be committed to the bindings, or added to
the script, whichever is appropriate.