[mythtv-users] 0.24 Mac OS X Build

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:02:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> At 3:55 PM -0800 1/17/11, scram69 wrote:
>>First time trying to navigate the git site, without much success.  Can
>>you post a link/path to your recommended version of osx-packager.pl?
>>Also, on a clean install of 10.6.5, are there any libraries that need
>>to be installed/upgraded first?
>
> Hi Steve:
>
> Nigel Pearson reworked osx-packger.pl to work with Git:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/blob/OSX-fixes/OSX/build/osx-packager.pl
>
> Click 'Raw' and then copy/paste into the text editor of your choice.
>
> You don't need to install anything else IF you aren't going to use any plugins.  MythWeather requires the Perl bindings.  The first time you try to build, it will list the missing stuff (Date::Manip, etc).  These are easy enough to install with Cpan (eg 'sudo /usr/bin/cpan -i Date::Manip Image::Size DateTime::Format::ISO8601 SOAP::Lite').  You'll be asked repeatedly about installing missing dependencies.  If you just keep hitting return, eventually it ought to install everything.
>
> MythNetVision requires the Python bindings.  Apparently this hasn't really be tested on Mac OS and isn't supported (yet?).
>
> BTW, built a new copy of .24-fixes today and played around for a few minutes.  I experienced what seems to be the same problems as others:
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9223
>
> IOW, it is pretty broken at the moment.
>
> Craig

Nigel, Craig,

Thanks for the replies and helpful hints.  Yes, I had a look at ticket
9223 when you mentioned it earlier in the thread.  It's been several
years since my last miserable failure trying to build the frontend on
OSX from SVN, so I thought I would just see if I could get something
to compile.  The sources for pre-built OSX binaries seem to have dried
up, so I need to be able to do it myself.  I figure once there are
reports of a working version of 0.24 fixes, then I'll upgrade the
backend and put the machine into production.

Steve