[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 04:24:31 UTC 2011

Just got an HDHomerun prior to last weekend.  I have found that my
recordings are mysteriously stopping early.  For example, a HD news program
scheduled to record from 5:59pm to 7:05pm ended after recording only
7minutes and 3seconds.  The recording file size was 921MB, which is far
below the typical 5-8GB per hour this program should take up.  Other
recordings (on other capture devices) were on-going at the same time and
captured normally, so mythbackend did not crash.

There are no errors in the mythbackend.log around the time of the truncation
(around 6:07pm), and in fact, the mythbackend.log indicates that the tuner
has completed successfully at (7:05pm).

I don't see any messages in /var/log/messages or dmesg that indicate any
kind of crash.

I have had 4 recordings cut short in a similar manner, and I am unsure of
why.

Previously (and currently), I have a USB Hauppauge HVR-850 capturing OTA, as
well as a firewire connection, and neither of these two have exhibited
recordings ending early.

I'm using MythTV-0.24 on Fedora 13.

Does anyone know where I can look to start solving the problem?

Thanks!