[mythtv-users] Manual scheduling question

Steve Briggs zzybaloobah at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 03:05:26 UTC 2011

Two Q:
I want to do a *real* manual recording.  I have a capture card
with it's default S-Video input connected to an video source
called VHS with no listing grabber.  I added a channel number
0, callsign "VHS", video source "VHS".
I want to use a manual record on this channel, but whenever
I set one up, nothing happens and I get:
"This showing was not recorded because this rule does not match
any showings in the current program listing."

What am I missing?

Second Q:
I want to set up some recording rules for things that aren't in
the EPG.  So, for example, I want to set up a rule for "Get Smart".
Is there any way to do this other than setting up a custom rule
(e.g. "program.title = 'Get Smart'")?

TIA,
Steve