[mythtv-users] mythtv streaming for android

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 17 22:03:50 UTC 2011

Hi Andy

Sorry to have been silent for so long. I was away for some days. Thank
you very much for your help.

Andy Wettstein <ajw1980 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:24:25AM +0100, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

>> I tried it today with only minor success. Sound works good but lags
>> every 3 seconds for 1 second (for both, video and music). What is worse,
>> when playing a video there is nothing to view. The screen stays black,
>> only sound.
>>
>> I had a picture when I tried for the very first time, but it was in very
>> gross resolution, rather bricks than pixels. After the first time no
>> picture ever appeared again.

> You may also want to change the VLC S&C playback resolution.

That was at least part of the problem. Setting the width to 480 made the
picture appear. The pauses were indeed due to a lack of CPU power.
VLC streaming fired up the CPU on my (quite old) server to its limits. I
tried it with my more powerful desktop machine and it worked alright.

Thanks for your help

Sven