[mythtv-users] vdpau accelerated mythcommflag and/or ffmpeg?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:01:09 UTC 2011

On 1/17/11 11:23 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> Will, did you find the accuracy of the "experimental" option to be any
> better/worse than the standard method? I'd hate to enable it only to
> find the accuracy is much worse.

I just enabled the setting last night, so I haven't watched any shows
with the new strategy yet.  But looking at the commercial count for
flagged shows in mythweb backend status looks to be right.

> Did you find running more than 2 jobs to actually be slower per job or
> just feel slower?

I actually have not tried enabling more than 2 jobs.  I figure one job
per physical core sounds about right, plus I don't really record enough
shows where I'm feeling the crunch.   But based on the performance as it
is, it may be able to do 3 jobs just fine.

-WD