[mythtv-users] vdpau accelerated mythcommflag and/or ffmpeg?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:26:23 UTC 2011

On 1/4/11 4:47 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got an Atom 330 ION system with an HD-PVR set up as a combined
> frontend/backend and it's quite slick.   Except mythcommflag and ffmpeg
> (for mytharchive) are really slow!   The former gets about 9fps and the
> latter is 4fps.

Just to follow up on my own thread here.   There are two things that I
did to improve commercial flagging performance:

1) Set max number of jobs to 2.   The CPU is dual core and has
hyperthreading enabled, and it handles this without flinching.

2) Enable the ""experimental speedup of commercial detection" option.

With those two settings, I've more than tripled my commercial flagging
throughput.

-WD