[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:28:24 UTC 2011

>> Think default is 1 for repeat, as you want a key sent for every key
>> press, dont know the default for delay but i dont have it at all.
>
> This is contrary to my experience, with my Harmony 700 at least.  In my
> case, a setting of zero produces "zero repeats", i.e. just sending the
> signal once.
>
> Also, I had to change it every device.  Defaults for me were set to two
> repeats instead of zero across the board.

I just checked on the use of repeat because I didn't want to give
false information!

repeat
tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value of
zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other positive
value 'n' tells the program to pass the config string every 'n'-th
time to the according application, when a key is repeated. The default
for repeat is zero.

The setup of lircrc is here http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html

So repeat ignores every x if the key is held down, I use it for volume
contol so that when i hold the volume key down it doesn't go to fast,
for me repeat =2 does this for me.

Regards,

Si