[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:04:42 UTC 2011

Haha! Well I fixed it. I was looking through the various sample imon
lircd.conf files to see what was different about my irrecord created one and
the others. I moved each one over to lircd.conf and tried them all. The one
called "lircd.conf.imon-knob" actually gave some output with irw and NO
second "00" event!

Rather than redo my lircrc to match the button names from this file, I
examined the header of the file (after "begin remote", before "begin codes")
and noticed the only difference was my file said "toggle_bit_mask 0x4000"
whereas the imon-knob version said "toggle_bit 0"

So I changed my file's entry to match and voila!, no second "00" event!!

I am now tweaking some entries in my lircrc to get all the buttons I want,
but so far it looks good. Play/Pause/etc happen once and once only per
button press (I have repeat = 0 and delay = 0 set for these) and the up and
down d-pad scrolls properly (with repeat = 3 set for them).

I don't quite understand what the toggle_bit or toggle_bit_mask settings
mean, and what the difference is between the two settings (or more
importantly, why irrecord detected that mine should be toggle_bit_mask
0x4000) but this simple change appears to have fixed it.

Thanks to all for the input/help.

Robin