[mythtv-users] Myth and PS3

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 00:55:41 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-15, at 6:32 PM, Greg wrote:

> I have a PS3, and I have been trying to get to work with Mythtv..I can see the server and the files are present,but there's no audio on the recordings that are made with my HDPVR..
>  Has anyone been able to get this to work? I could put a front end near the TV,but I would rather use the PS3 if at all possible...
> I have tried several UPNP servers,but they all seem to have the same problem....

The problem isn't the UPNP server, it's the format your hdpvr is using for audio. The PS3's support formats are here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/filetypes.html

I don't have a HDPVR but I read that it outputs either AC3 or two channel AAC so it could be your recordings have AC3 sound (which is not supported for H.264) and that's why you're getting silence.

There's probably a way to get ffmpeg to mux in a new AAC audio track without messing up the existing one so you can have 5.1 for myth and stereo for the PS3.

- George