[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:52:13 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply.

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Simon Jones <sijones2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am convinced the setting I need is in the Harmony software, but I can't
> > find a way to get a single keypress to be a single event, always a down
> and
> > up event.
> Am pretty sure in the harmony remote software you can set the repeat
> key, think it will be a stupid setting but am sure under an advanced
> setting you'll find the key repeats, I know on mine I can set inter
> key timeout and device switch timeout etc.

I am pretty sure the "repeat key" setting you mention is the same setting I
have tried to tweak already (can be set from 0 to 5). I also fiddled with
inter key timeout, etc and it doesn't remove the fact that a press and
release generates two events...

where you see the number increasing

> 000000002a8115b7 01 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 02 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 03 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 04 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
>
> you should be able to use repeat = x and this will remove the repeat
> key presses.

I have played with this too and it does remove the increasing number
repeats, but the issue is the two "00" events. repeat = x does not do
anything about these...

I have to say I dont have this issue with my harmony tho, mine is the
> 880 if this is any help.
>
> Mine is set to emulate windows media pc remote for the pc.

I had tried Windows Media PC and was getting even weirder results (mode2
would show 2-4 *different *codes for a single keypress and the irrecord file
I created was generating random events with every keypress)

Thanks

Robin