[mythtv-users] FC14, lirc_mod_mce, MS MCE Keyboard. Anybody have this working?

Brian Kirkman bkirkman at qwest.net
Sat Jan 15 22:48:40 UTC 2011

> On Jan 14, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Brian Kirkman wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the help.  I was trying to compile manually, but I took
>> your advice and went the dkms route.  It compiles fine, and when I
>> blacklist mceusb as mentioned, lirc_mod_mce loads fine, too, as shown in
>> dmesg.  Unfortunately, irw shows nothing, and I'm grasping at straws.  I
>> am using the default lirc.conf for the mceusb remote.  I also made the
>> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_mod_mce" change to /etc/sysconfig/lirc and tried
>> with
>> and without the flag, both to no avail.  Lircd starts at bootup as usual
>> and can be restarted without any errors.
>
> What do you see in dmesg after loading up lirc_mod_mce the first time?
> Could be that its not binding to your hardware, might not have as complete
> a list of supported devices.

[    6.415758] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
[    6.435874] lirc_mod_mce: Windows Media Center Edition USB IR Keyboard
and Transceiver driver for LIRC 0.3.1
[    6.435879] lirc_mod_mce: Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk>, Ryan
Reading, Florian Demski, Daniel Melander <lirc at rajidae.se>, Martin Blatter
<martin_a_blatter at yahoo.com>, Dan Conti <dconti at acm.wwu.edu>
[    6.774415] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
[    6.774570] input: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver as
/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/usb2/2-4/input/input4
[    6.780356] lirc_mod_mce[2]: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb2:2
[    6.780413] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mod_mce

>Does /dev/lirc0 exist?

Yes-
crw-------   1 root root     61,   0 Jan 15 16:19 lirc0