[mythtv-users] IR Remote, OpenSUSE, and weirdness

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 14 18:18:14 UTC 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:19 AM, Robin Smith wrote:

<...openSUSE-specific stuff I know nothing about redacted...>

> If I start lircd and run irw, I get key press output. I am using the lircd.conf and lircrc files I posted earlier.
>
> Am I correct that the lircd.conf file must "good", in that (for example) irw shows:
>  irw
> 000000002a8115b7 00 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.record.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 01 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.record.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 02 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.record.conf
> 000000002a8115b7 00 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.record.conf
>
> when I press the "Play" button on my remote?

Yes.

> If so, am I correct that all that *should* be needed to make this work in MythTV is this:
> begin
>     prog = mythtv
>     button = KEY_PLAY
>     config = P
> end
> in my lircrc file (and the lircrc file in the correct place)?

Almost.

> If so, how come it still doesn't work? Is there another step I am missing to make myth aware of the keypress info? As I said before, this previously "just worked" once I got good output from irw that matched my lircrc.

MythTV has a config option for lircd socket location. In earlier lirc
releases, this was /dev/lircd, but it was moved at some point over to
/var/run/lirc/lircd. I'd wager that your frontend is still trying to
listen for lirc events at the old location. The config screen is in the
frontend prefs somewhere, don't recall exactly where though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com