[mythtv-users] FC14, lirc_mod_mce, MS MCE Keyboard. Anybody have this working?

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Fri Jan 14 17:06:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 22:46 -0600, Brian Kirkman wrote:
> >Blacklisting mceusb did the trick.  Thanks Jarod!

> >>For starters, I'd try blacklisting mceusb and see if that gets you
> >>any further.
>
> >>In the long run, I plan to integrate the keyboard functionality into
> >>the mceusb driver, but that work keeps getting delayed by a myriad
> >>of other issues.
>
> >>--
> >>Jarod Wilson
> >>jarod at wilsonet.com
>
> Derek,
> Could you share a few tips how you were able to compile this?  I got it to
> compile from the latest sources by updating the 'usb_buffer_alloc' and
> 'usb_buffer_free' method calls, but the module won't load without
> crashing.  Did you replace any of the source files?  I'm also trying to
> compile on x86_64, which might be an issue.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Brian, I only made the following changes to lirc_mod_mce.c, which you
must have also made in order to compile:

usb_buffer_free -> usb_free_coherent
usb_buffer_alloc -> usb_alloc_coherent
cdev.dev -> dev.parent

Then I ran the 3 dkms commands as found in the README and then
blacklisted mceusb.  It has worked ever since.  And I am using x86_64
FC14 as well, along with lirc 0.8.7 installed via yum from the fedora
repos.

I just looked through the source tree for lirc_mod_mce and verified that
the only change I made to the source was in lirc_mod_mce.c.

I wish I had a more helpful answer for you! :(

Do you have any errors you can post from your logs?