[mythtv-users] Digital Audio on Intel

Dave Day david.scott.day at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:53:13 UTC 2011

I am trying to get digital audio working to my 5:1 amplifier via coaxial spdif on mythtv-0-24-fixes in Gentoo testing (~x86).

Analog stereo audio works great.

Digital audio works fine for mplayer, aplay, etc.

In myth I get long pauses separated by short bursts of audio.

I am wondering if any one out there has the iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0 device working in MythTV-0-24???

I have spent a good bit of time on this and tried lots of combinations in the configuration page with no good effect.

Should I be able to get this to work?

aplay -L:

null
front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Analog
iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC1200 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

aplay -l:

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC1200 Analog [ALC1200 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC1200 Digital [ALC1200 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks for any ideas and help.

Dave