[mythtv-users] iMON IR config on Fedora 14 is broken

Nick Ashman nick.ashman at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jan 13 07:00:05 UTC 2011

On Jan 3, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> The missing piece is loading the matching RC-6 keymap, but it seems that
> was failing for you. I'll have to see if I can get to the bottom of that
> with some of my own imon hardware, I've not tried it of late. This should
> be the only thing that needs doing to make your setup behave correctly.
>
> Well, that or I push another build that introduces the modprobe option
> back to just load the mce keytable by default... Upstream objects to the
> change, as the plan in the long run is to move all keytables out to
> userspace, auto-loaded by udev triggers.

Crap. There's an ioctl type mismatch between the latest v4l-utils version
of ir-keytable and what's in the 2.6.35.x kernel backports. We have some
new ioctls upstream that don't exist in 2.6.35, and thus the kernel code
was backported to use older ioctls, but userspace is expecting the newer
ones. This problem will go away in 2.6.37, I believe, but for now, the
easiest thing for me to do right now is to just add a switch to the imon
driver to allow specifying ir protocol on module load.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

I'm a gentoo (funtoo actually) user with the above problem I think, but it
hasn't been fixed by kernel 2.6.37.

kernel	2.6.37
lirc		lirc-0.9.0_pre1
v4l		v4l-utils-0.8.1

ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event6) with:
        Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
        Supported protocols:    Enabled protocols:

ir-keytable -p rc-6
Protocols changed to RC-6

ir-keytable -r
Enabled protocols:

ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event6) with:
        Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
        Supported protocols:    Enabled protocols:

Nothing happening here.

But Jarod , if you are listening, I emailed you a couple of weeks ago with
codes from the Antec Fusion volume knob CW and CCW.  I can confirm that the
knob is now supported with kernel 2.6.37.

Regards