[mythtv-users] mythnetvision, some channels aren't found....

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 03:58:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Kelvin Smith <kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org>wrote:

>  Hello
>
> Started to play around with mythnetvision in 0.24 (currently 0.24 fixes
> till 6 Jan).  I tracked down issues with python channel scripts not
> working being to it trying to use python 2.4.  I have fixed this in the
> scripts, now the following scripts won't be seen by the frontend as they
> don't return a <search>True</search> tag when the frontend does a scan
> for files.
>
> The scripts are:
> nature.py, pbs.py, space.py and technology.py
>
> If I change the line:
> main.grabberInfo['search'] = target.common.checkIfDBItem('dummy',
> {'feedtitle': __title__, })
>
> to be
> main.grabberInfo['search'] = True
>
> then all works as expected.

Congrats, you've broken the scripts. ;)

The grabbers referenced above are only capable of searching items in the DB.
 That is, you need to have subscribed to the tree view and filled the
database, and then it will report that search is available, as you will have
items in which to search.  None of the above scripts search the sites
themselves, as the sources don't offer a search and/or are mashups.

> Has anyone else had this problem.  Not sure where it is trying to check
> the DB item to/from.  Better still, anyone know what needs to be done to
> fix it permanently?

 Nothing that I see here to fix.

Robert