[mythtv-users] mythtv streaming for android

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 12 09:24:25 UTC 2011

Hi Andy

Thanks for hinting us to this and thanks for sharing the script.

I tried it today with only minor success. Sound works good but lags
every 3 seconds for 1 second (for both, video and music). What is worse,
when playing a video there is nothing to view. The screen stays black,
only sound.

I had a picture when I tried for the very first time, but it was in very
gross resolution, rather bricks than pixels. After the first time no
picture ever appeared again.

I strictly followed your setup, using your script, but with the standard
vlc from the Ubuntu repository on Mythbuntu 10.10. The Android device
(HTC Magic, Froyo) is connected via WLAN within a local network. I run
the pro version of VLC S&C. The option "Override command line" is

What could be the problem? Simply the speed of the LAN? Can it be solved
by adjusting the encoding parameters? In the long run I would like to
stream remotely via VPN. Help would be very welcome.