[mythtv-users] Artec T1 USB Tuner

Paul Buchanan paul.buchanan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:28:30 UTC 2011

I have an old USB tuner box which I'm 95% sure is an Artec T1 (because
it looks just like this:
http://www.zdnet.de/i/news/200502/artec_t1.jpg).

I have been able to see some acknowledgement of it being plugged in
when I run lsusb but even though I have added the
dvb-usb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw firmware and loaded dvb_usb_dibusb_mb and
dib3000mc modules as I've seen described on various forum posts, the
lights don't turn on and it doesn't appear to be available in mythtv
setup.

If anyone could offer me assistance here I would be so grateful.

I know that I could probably go buy much better tuner that would be
much simpler to configure and operate but I would really like to get
this one going as I already have it and I'd like to make use of things
that I've got lying around before buying more stuff... even if that
means that I can only pick up a few channels.

Cheers

Paul