[mythtv-users] Jamu question

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:58:46 UTC 2011

0.24-fixes  from mythbuntu auto builds.

mythbuntu has a cron setup to look for fanart etc for recordings.
However it fails, with this as part of the error message:

"! Warning: MythTV (episodeimagedir) directory
(/home/nick/.mythtv/MythVideo/Screenshots) does not exist.

! Warning: MythTV (fanartdir) directory
(/home/nick/.mythtv/MythVideo/Fanart) does not exist.

! Warning: MythTV (posterdir) directory (/home/nick/.mythtv/MythVideo)
does not exist.

! Warning: MythTV (bannerdir) directory
(/home/nick/.mythtv/MythVideo/Banners) does not exist."

Now the wiki says:

"Set up the directories for the graphic artwork. You can use either
mythtv-setup and Storage Groups (recommended) or in the MythTV
Frontend menu Utilities/Setup|Setup|Media Settings|Videos
Settings|General Settings on page 1/8, enter the directories where the
graphic files will be stored. "

I have storage groups set  up for posters, banners etc, and metadata
downloading works in mythvideo. The storage groups all point to
directories inside /mnt/videos/

Also I have in mythvideo setup the directories in /home/nick/.mythtv
that are referred to in the above error message. I am not sure when or
how they were setup, I suspect something from an earlier incantation -
the database goes back to 0.22 at least. I have never used those
directories and they do not exist. I want jamu to use the storage
groups.

Why is jamu trying to use the ~nick/.mythtv directories (which do not
exist, nor do I want them to) and not the storage groups?

How can I fix this?