[mythtv-users] Where to find Myth Setup Information?

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Tue Jan 11 05:15:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 19:06 -0800, mark Deneen wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM, mark Deneen
>         <mdeneen9000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         > I thank you all for the replies sincerely, but this SW looks
>         like a high
>         > school science project, and I was looking for something more
>         like a finished
>         > application. My mistake, I ought not have wasted everyone's
>         time.
>

>         K.  Bye.  We'll miss your insightful commentary.
>
>         Robert

> Robert-
> That's a stupid remark, but not unusual for defensive people trying to
> apologise for a crappy product. My remarks were simply those of a user
> trying to use this program. It's not my fault that the so-called
> programmers who wrote this mess can't even present a grammatically
> coherent error message, is it?  Sheesh.

  Look I get your frustration, it took me months to get a working
config, part of it was the frustration of dealing with the particular
distro that I was using at the time, which had stuff going into
different directories than Ubuntu.  Lirc was a bear to get working and
then it got hosed by an update.

  If you'd like, contact me off list and I'll try and help you.