[mythtv-users] Where to find Myth Setup Information?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 10 23:25:51 UTC 2011

On 01/10/2011 03:11 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Jacob Mansfield<cyberjacob at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 10/01/11 08:08, mark Deneen wrote:
>>> Good luck to you all, and really, I am sorry if I offended you
>>> personally. I'll unsubscribe from the list now.
>> well good riddance to bad rubbish is all I have to say.
>
> Jacob, that's a bit harsh.
>
> mark's messages were undeniably offensive, but (to me) they read as
> the kind of offense generated by ignorance rather than being
> intentionally insulting.  He clearly has no idea what's involved in
> large application development and responding to his ignorance in this
> way isn't helpful.
>
> Eric

Sorry, Eric. I disagree. I read every word that he wrote as being
intentionally insulting of the project and the programmers involved. He
had enough, call it 'lack of ignorance', to be well outside the "he's
just an ignorant noob" mapping. You may be right that he has no idea
what is involved, but I think I can assure you that he thinks that he
does. I agree with Jacob. No loss here.

              R. Geoffrey Newbury