[mythtv-users] reception problem on just one channel

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 22:31:33 UTC 2011

On 01/09/2011 01:17 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:
> but the CBS affiliate, WUSA-HD, does not record
> correctly even though it reports 100% signal strength. The channel
> behaves as if it has poor reception ... unwatchable stuttering and
> blockiness ... but I have a feeling that it may be some other issue.
> I am using an HD Homerun.
Signal strength by itself is nearly meaningless. Fortunately since you are using an HDHomeRun, you have tools available that can
report "Signal Quality" and "Symbol Quality" as well. Use the "HDHomeRun Config" tool (available from silicondust.com in source
form, or maybe via a package from a repo, depending on the distribution you are using) to get more information on the quality of
the signal you are getting.

Signal quality questions are best handled at avsforum.com in the thread for OTA in your location.

Things that could cause the problem you are seeing are: signal too strong, multi-path, interference from FM, etc.