[mythtv-users] Need "life without cable" clarification

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jan 9 14:36:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 14:29 +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> To record cable content for a
> friend who does not have cable is clearly not a private use

I am confusing threads here?  I don't recall anywhere in this thread
where there was talk of recording from anything for a friend.  My
recollection was that this entire thread was about recording for one's
own personal private viewing -- time shifting.

My comments regarding why recording from an online content provider was
any different than recording from cable, OTA or satellite was certainly
within the context of private, personal, time-shifted viewing, not
copying "for a friend".

b.