[mythtv-users] Adding an Asus Capture Card

Jacob Mansfield cyberjacob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:00:58 UTC 2011

I finally got up into the loft to install my new Asus My Cinema-P7131
capture card, I know this is compatible with Linux because I've seen
several posts about it on the web.
when I came to configure it however I hit a brick wall. I followed the
guide here [http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:MythTV_structure] but
cannot scan for new channels in the input connections section. when I
try to do this I am greeted with no video source, input or scanner to
select from and only the error message Failed to open the card. this
will be my first capture card in mythtv and I have no idea how to set it
up or what I have done wrong.
would be glad if somebody could help me or just give me a nudge in the
right direction.

--
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer