[mythtv-users] mythnetvision and youtube == high CPU even with flash "square"

Quinten Steenhuis qsteenhuis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:20:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> With mythfrontend however, I still see quite excessive CPU usage playing
> YouTube videos however, much more than Firefox with the same flash on
> the same machine yields in fact.
>
> Is there any reason why mythfrontend would not benefit from flash 10.2?

I found Mythnetvision to be much more usable once I changed from the
Mythtv internal browser to Firefox, and I simply have a wireless
keyboard to control it. It's nice to have everything integrated in
Mythtv and with remote control support, but not worth the tinkering
sometimes. At least with Firefox I know exactly what will and won't
work.