[mythtv-users] stereo and 5.1?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:39:09 UTC 2011

On 9 January 2011 03:29, David Knight <dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> I have played again with it this morning using fixes/0.24 and found it
> still does not function as described above.

I'm not sure what description you're referring to, but based on what
you wrote below, it seems that you completely misunderstood the
instructions given above.

> Audio is passed through to the receiver but the original DD/DTS signal is
> NOT passed through (it appears to be decoded by MythTV).
>
> Also after navigating back to audio setup options speaker configuration
> has reset to Stereo instead of 5.1 (probably because my analog output
> device is only stereo).

if set to stereo: no passthrough of anykind will occur. period

The instructions given above was to override the passthrough device
with a different one, not to use the spdif audio device as the main
device, which it seems is what you are trying to do