[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Announces PCI-E Replacement for HD-PVR

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jan 8 06:00:45 UTC 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Hm. I see a ViXS chip on that thing. Zero Linux support for those as of
>> yet, so far as I know. Unless one of you Hauppauge guys has got a private
>> branch you're about to make public. :)
>
> No comment.  Sorry, but I cannot give you a better answer at this time.

No need for you to be sorry. I'm the one who should be, actually. I wasn't
really expecting an answer (yet), nor did I mean to put you in any sort of
uncomfortable position.

I'll just make note that Hauppauge has an excellent track record when it
comes to Linux and open-source development, and I'm not aware of any capture
devices from Hauppauge in recent years that flat-out *don't* work under
Linux right now...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com