[mythtv-users] Manually entering tv schedule info

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jan 7 20:25:42 UTC 2011

On 1/7/2011 15:21, Adam Wood wrote:
> I am interested in having mythtv record some time slots on a local
> channel for shows in the coming months (they do not submit their
> schedules to the schedule gods or however that process works). Can I
> safely add them to the database (beyond the 2 weeks of data SD gives
> me) or will mythfilldatabase erase them when it populates the db?

You can create a manual recording rule like on a VCR, providing the
channel, start time, and duration.  The recorded program will
automatically be populated by whatever guide data exists at time of
recording.  Alternatively, you could set up a power rule to record any
program matching certain constraints, like a specific title.