[mythtv-users] USB-serial cable for Directv control (stupid question)

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:35:35 UTC 2011

So I bought a USB to serial cable for controlling my Directv H24 STB.
When it arrived I was surprised to find that the DB9 end of the cable is
male. This is a problem for me because the serial port on my computer is
also male. Do I need another F/F cable or what am I doing wrong here? I
tried to search online, but all of the directions don't have any
pictures and just pin out stuff that doesn't make sense to me. Thanks
for your help, Steve.