[mythtv-users] Loads of failed / empty recordings.

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:47:01 UTC 2011

My system  did this last night as well... it failed to record
everything... my diskIO light was stuck on, and myth was constantly
logging something similar to this (I can get exact logs later):

2010-11-04 04:03:57.728 MPEGRec(/dev/hdpvr0) Error: StartEncoding failed
                       eno: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)
2010-11-04 04:03:57.802 MPEGRec(/dev/hdpvr0) Error: Failed to start

All of the items it should have recorded came up as missing files.

I had to reboot the entire OS to bring it back to a functioning system.

This has never happened with my hardware over the past year.... the
only thing that has changed was the upgrade to .24 about a month ago.