[mythtv-users] latest git source, database upgrade hangs

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 03:28:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/9421/mythweb.segfault.data

Yay.  I hope more people get into the hang of supplying the required
information like this.  I have a patch on the ticket for you to try.
Seems there was a race condition that was causing us to try to read
from the file descriptor incorrectly in some situations.  Funny that I
never once hit it in testing, but nevertheless, very good catch.
Sometimes just having more people hitting the code just slightly
different can quickly expose little stupidities faster than anything.

Let me know if that patch fixes it in your setup.  If so, it will get
committed to master.