[mythtv-users] I would appreciate some help with Satix S2 problem

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Jan 5 16:47:41 UTC 2011

On 5 Jan 2011, at 15:24, Pangurban wrote:

> I have a Mystique Satix S2 Dual card  and  an AverMedia Hybrid TV card

Hi, not a good subject line, I changed it for you :-) I only saw this because I have some search rules for things with the Satix S2 card!

I have the same Satix S2 card and although there have been problems it's working well now. There is a problem with long timeouts and this card, maybe this is the problem you have scanning in MythTV? I had a 2 second timeout configured with the old ngene Satix driver and tuning works fine in MythTV from 0.22 to 0.24.

If you can compile some new drivers it's worth trying a newer driver from Oliver Endriss which fixes some problems when both tuners are used together, if you are using an old in kernel driver it may fix some timeout and "just plain doesn't work" issues ;-)

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene-test2/

How to build V4L drivers:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mystique_SaTiX-S2_Dual

for the newer drivers substitute Oliver's url, also you need the 1.8 firmware

perl /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware ngene

 for me this is instead:

perl /usr/local/src/ngene-test2/linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware ngene

There are also some problems with some of the V1 boards, where the second tuner gets a lot of interference from the first, lots of info on the VDR forums if you read German or feed it into a translator. If you have one of these problem boards it's best to return it for replacement!

Hope this helps.

Andre