[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback on ION

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Wed Jan 5 12:38:57 UTC 2011

 On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 16:47:15 -0500, Steven Adeff
 <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello again, I have a Nvidia ION board connected to a 1080p TV with
>> HDMI.
>>
>> I configure on the frontend to use "VDPAU Norma" profile, I have the
>> latest Nvidia drivers. I just select the HDMI on the
>> "nvidia-setting"
>> and it works.
>>
>> But sometimes, when I am watching some 1080p videos or HD satellite
>> channels there are some pixels errors, I don't how to explain, but
>> it
>> looks badly.
>>
>> How can I configure to get it best? On the "nvidia-setting" there
>> are
>> lots parameter, but I don't know what they really mean.
>>
>> Thanks for all your help.
>>
>> Kind regards.
>
> ION requires VDPAU Slim as it cannot handle Advanced 2x for 1080i
> content.

 I have come to find that you can get rather decent playback from at
 least VDPAU Normal with these xorg.conf settings and some testing on
 deinterlacers.  These settings were mostly posted in a recent thread:

 http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-December/306093.html

 Section "Device"
     Identifier     "Device0"
     Driver         "nvidia"