[mythtv-users] How many people in the UK would buy a DVB-T2 PCI-E with working drivers?

Rob Clive rob at r2g2.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 09:30:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 02:40 +0000, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org
wrote:
> > Gary Dawes wrote:
> >
> > >Blackgold have had some cracking cards in the past, but Windows only.
> >
> > I was thinking that when I followed the link posted earlier - I was
> > thinking what a shame when they have things like one card with
> > 2xDVB-S/S2 plus 2xDVB-T !

Yeah, and nobody else does any drivers either.  They look like good
cards but...

I would be interested in the dual DVB-T2 card, subject to the drivers
being reliable and me upgrading my hardware.  We can in theory get
Freeview HD here (Mendip) but signal strength isn't great for SD (lots
of dropouts) so heaven knows what HD might be like.  I await the Mendip
re-allocation of channels this year to see it if helps, otherwise I'll
have to wait for the power up in 2012.  And you thought switchover was a
one step process!

Rob Clive
< Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a woman scorned >