[mythtv-users] delete music database/scan for music

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 23:15:19 UTC 2011

I had a very similar issue and symptoms after just renaming and reorganising some of the mp3 files in my music collection.

The scan successfully added the new music files to mythmusic, but it didn't delete the old references even though no corresponding MP3 files existed on the filesystem any more.

After much messing about the only solution I found was to locate and truncate the appropriate database table then do another scan. This fixed the problem just fine.(can't remember the table name itself but it was very obvious... probably "music").

It seems odd that the scan doesn't empty the database table first. It seems a crazy presumption to make that users will only ever extend their existing library.