[mythtv-users] Transcoding Advice

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:05:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Doug Haber <doug at fawnanddoug.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks All!
>>
>> Any advice on specific parameters for mythffmpeg?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Doug
>

> Doug, I came across this wiki page the other day that has a nice
> script that shrinks recordings down to a manageable size while
> retaining quality.  Can't say I've tried it yet, but it sounds good.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff#Encoding

Sadly out of date. I would recommend just using AVIDemux.

I'm actually trying to find a good way to do this with being able to
cut out the commercials. So far projectX doesn't seem to work with
HDPVR recordings and AVIDemux seems to have issue with the audio sync
coming from MPEG2 recordings processed by projectX.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!