[mythtv-users] HDPVR recording failures and audio dropouts

Moasat - mythtv mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 4 13:45:18 UTC 2011

Can you post the method you use for restting the box?  I have 2 HDPVRs and
they frequently stop responding at which point I get zero-byte recordings
with no warnings.  I would like to set something up where the boxes get
reset on a regular basis to prevent this but I'm not sure how much needs to
be done.  Power cycle?  Rmmod hdpvr?  Restart mythbackend?  How far do yo
ugo to reset them?

BTW, I have H20 boxes from DirecTV and the 1.5.7.0 drivers but I still have
problems with the HDPVRs getting into a funky state on a pretty regular
basis.  Kernel is Gentoo 2.6.36-r5.