[mythtv-users] Combined BE/FE to stand-alone BE

Chris Harland cwharland at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 17:31:14 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Currently I have a working BE/FE computer but I'd like to move to a
stand-alone BE (no monitor/keyboard) and a C2D mac mini as a FE near the TV.
 My question is...can I just backup my database and recordings, reinstall
mythbuntu on my current combined BE/FE and set it up as a BE only then
restore the database and recordings on the BE or will that mess up the BE
config (i.e. will restoring the database make the machine think it's
a combined machine again)?  Then I could just setup the mac mini like normal
and point it to the BE.

Even sillier question...is there any reason I couldn't just modify the
current combined install to act as a stand alone and uninstall all traces of
frontend stuff from the machine or do I have to reinstall?

Thanks,
Chris Harland