[mythtv-users] cracking on some DTS tracks (SOLVED)

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Sun Jan 2 03:53:02 UTC 2011

On 1/1/2011 6:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 2 January 2011 13:44, Kevin Ross<kevin at familyross.net>  wrote:

>>> This is a bug that was fixed in 0.23 and never existed in 0.24..
>>>
>>> So I suggest the OP should either upgrade to a more recent version of
>>> 0.23 or upgrade to 0.24
>> Well, for *me*, the bug exists in 0.24.  Maybe there's more than one bug
>> involved here?
>>
>> Regardless, your latest changes have fixed DTS passthrough for me.  It may
>> have been a buffer underrun issue, since further investigation revealed it
>> seemed to only happen with 1.5 Mbps DTS tracks.  Lower bitrate 768Kbps and
>> 384Kbps worked fine.
> are you using hdmi ?
>
> if on my fork
> if 1.5Mbit/s it will be sent as DTS-HD High-Res.
>
> do you have a sample you can upload somewhere, I don't have any
> 1.5mbit/s DTS track...

I'm using HDMI from an onboard 8200 IGP.

00:07.0 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation
MCP72XE/MCP72P/MCP78U/MCP78S High Definition Audio [10de:0774] (rev a1)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation C77
[GeForce 8200] [10de:0849] (rev a2)

aplay -l shows:
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1
Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1
Digital]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

and aplay -L shows:
null
default:CARD=NVidia
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
     Default Audio Device
front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
     Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Digital
     IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
     HDA NVidia, NVIDIA HDMI
     HDMI Audio Output

In MythTV, audio device is ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0

Dolby Digital and DTS are checked.  E-AC3/DTS-HD/TrueHD/DTS-HD MA are
unchecked.  In advanced audio settings, Stereo PCM is checked.

Here's a sample that doesn't play properly in 0.24 when I select the DTS
track, which plays fine with your fork:
http://download.statuspro.tv/test-001.mkv

-- Kevin