[mythtv-users] Migration of recordings database to different / newer system

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 03:46:30 UTC 2011

On 1/1/11 8:59 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> At this point, the database is updated, and it has my old recordings in
> it.   All I needed to do was to reconfigure the other settings in the
> frontend setup that are different than my old box.   (e.g. vdpau vs. xv
> for playback, etc.)
>
> Things seem to be working fine now, as far as I can tell.

Ok, one thing that is a little bit odd.   Since upgrading my old
mythconverg database, it seems that the video playback settings page has
changed.   I don't see all the options that I did with MythTV 0.21, and
also I believe with a clean 0.24 install.

For example, the "Use OpenGL Vsync" option that I'm used to seeing on
the first page of the General Playback settings is no longer there.   I
now see on that first settings page:

Continue playback when embedded
Live TV idle timeout (mins)
Enable picture controls

Looking at the mythfrontend log, I see:
Player(1): Video timing method: USleep with busy wait

Did I imagine the OpenGL Vsync option being present in 0.24?  Is there
some other setting that perhaps I set that is preventing all of the
playback options from being displayed?    Or perhaps did something go
wrong when upgrading my 0.21 database?

thanks
-WD