[mythtv-users] 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade; database wont upgrade

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jan 1 16:33:48 UTC 2011

On 01/01/11 15:32, Richard Morton wrote:
> On 1 Jan 2011 14:29, "Greg"<greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Believe it or not  after an update yesterday,I had the same
> problem...After much hair pulling,I copied config.xml to my home dir and it
> fired up... YMMV....
>>

> Interesting. However i was logged in as 'myth' and
> /home/myth/.mythtv/config.xml exists and is properly configured with the
> same details that are in /etc/mythtv/config.xml
>
> I even changed both config xml and mysql txt file to root credentials for
> mysql and still got the same error.

Since you have verified that you have the correct credentials and are running
these programs from the correct place, it seems to me as though your database
accesses are accessing somewhere else, despite what you say.

Are you /absolutely sure/ that you have only one mythconverg database anywhere
on your system and that you only have one copy of mysql running? Just a thought.

--

Mike Perkins