[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Feb 28 21:07:33 UTC 2011

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread, I'll mention another
potential source of tearing: the monitor/TV. I spent months living with
tearing, only to find that my Sony TV was at fault, due to its motion
compensation feature being enabled.

If you have tearing, first turning off all motion
compensation/smoothing, scaling, stretching, "overscan elimination",
deinterlacing, etc. in the TV. You just might find that your problem
goes away.